SSC Sub Inspector Recruitment 2015
Staff Selection Commission: Recruitment of Sub – Inspectors in Delhi Police, CAPFs, and Assistant Sub Inspector in CISF Examination, 2015
Conducting Organisation: Staff Selection Commission (SSC)
|Post/Exam Name||Number of Vacancies||Pay Scale|
|Sub – Inspector in CAPFs (Central Armed Forces)||1706 (CRPF – 221, BSF – 607, ITBP – 289, CISF -536, SSB – 53)||Rs. 9300-34800 in Pay Band 2 with Grade Pay of Rs. 4200/-|
|Sub – Inspector (Executive-Male) in Delhi Police||95||Rs. 9300-34800 in Pay Band 2 with Grade Pay of Rs. 4200/-|
|Assistant Sub – Inspector in CISF||1101||Rs. 5200-20200 in Pay Band 2 with Grade Pay of Rs. 2800/-|
Posting Location: Candidates selected for the post of Sub-Inspector in CAPFs and Assistant Sub-Inspector in CISF are liable to serve anywhere in India.
- Age: 20-25 years, with 01-01-2015 as reference date. Age relaxation available for candidates in several categories SC, ST, Ex Servicemen, Central Govt. Civilian Employees etc
- Education: Bachelor’s Degree from a recognized University or Equivalent – fulfilled as on 01-01-2015.
- Physically handicapped individuals are not eligible to apply for this exam
- The selection procedure will comprise of Written Examination (Paper – I & Paper – II), Physical Endurance Test, Medical Examination and Interview.
- Only those candidates, who secure qualifying marks in Paper I of the written examination, as may be fixed by the Commission at their discretion, will be shortlisted for Physical Endurance Test (PET)/ PST and medical test. Paper-II of shortlisted candidates who qualify in PST/PET will only be evaluated. Candidates will be called for Interview based on their combined performance in Paper-I and Paper-II.
- Physical Endurance Test will not carry any marks but will be of Qualifying/Elimination nature.
- The Commission will recommend the candidates in the Merit List on the basis of the aggregate marks obtained by the candidates in the written examination and interview.
Scheme of Written Examination:
Paper – I
|Subject||No. of Questions||Maximum Marks||Date/Duration/Timing|
|Part A||General Intelligence and Reasoning||50||50||
Duration: Two Hours
Timings: 10.00 A.M. to 12.00 Noon
|Part B||General Knowledge and General Awareness||50||50|
|Part C||Quantitative Aptitude||50||50|
|Part D||English Comprehension||50||50|
Paper – II
|Subject||Maximum Marks/Questions||Maximum Marks/Questions|
|English Language & Comprehension||200 Marks/200 Questions||
Duration: Two Hours
Timings: 2.00 P.M. to 4.00 P.M.
- Questions in both papers will be of Objective Multiple Choice type
- Negative marking of 0.25 marks for each incorrect answer
- 100/- for Male candidates belonging to General category
- Fee is exempted to all women candidates and candidates belonging to SC/ST and Ex Servicemen eligible for reservation as per Govt. orders.
- Fee is payable through CRF stamp in case of off-line or SBI challan or on-line payment through SBI for on-line applications.
How to Apply:
- Aspiring candidates can apply through offline as well as online mode starting from 28-03-2015.
- For offline application, the prescribed format is available on Commissions website.
- Online application can be submitted by visiting the link: http://ssconline.nic.in/mainmenu2.php
- Online application process is split into Part – I and Part – II
Last Date to Apply:
- Offline applications closing date: 28-04-2015 up to 5.00 pm, relaxation available for candidates residing in specified far-flung areas.
- Online application closing date: Part I: 26-04-2015 up to 5.00 pm, Part – II: 28-04-2015 up to 5.00 pm.
Date of Written Examination: 21-06-2015
Before applying for this examination, aspiring candidates are advised to go through every detail mentioned in the OFFICIAL NOTIFICATION, and ensure that they fulfill all the eligibility conditions for admission to the examination.