RRB Recruitment 2016 Important Indian History Questions
Friends, following are practice questions for Indian History, important for upcoming Railway Recruitment 2016 exam
(Q.1) What was the main difference between the Indus Valley Civilisation and Vedic Age?
- The main emphasis in Indus Valley Civilisation was on trade, whereas in Vedic age it was religion
- Indus valley Civilisation was urban, whereas the Vedic Civilisation was rural
- Peepal tree was worshipped in Indus Valley Civilisation whereas Burgad tree was worshipped in Vedic Civilisation
- Indus Valley Civilisation believed in non-violence whereas Vedic Civilisation had no hard and fast rules about it
(Q.2) Which is the birth place of Lord Buddha?
- Bodh Gaya
(Q.3) Who among the following drove away the Sakas from Malwa and Western Maharashtra
- Chandragupta Maurya
- Chandragupta Vikramaditya
- Gautamiputra Satakarni.
(Q.4) Babar laid the foundation of Mughal Empire in India by defeating _________ in 1526
- Rana Sanga
- Alauddin Khilji
- Daulat Khan Lodi
- Ibrahim Lodi
(Q.5) Name the spiritual leader associated with the founding of Vijayanagara Kingdom
- Acharya Meghdatt
- Pandit Cishveshwar
(Q.6) Which dynasty is known for its powerful Navy?
(Q.7) When did Vasco da Gama come to India?
(Q.8) Which among the following option is the CORRECT chronological order?
- Dandi March – Simon Commission – Gandhi Irwin Pact – Poona Pact
- Dandi March – Simon Commission – Poona Pact – Gandhi Irwin Pact
- Simon Commission – Dandi March – Poona Pact – Gandhi Irwin Pact
- Simon Commission – Dandi March – Gandhi Irwin Pact – Poona Pact
(Q.9) The practice of Sati was declared illegal by:
- Lord William Bentinck
- Lord Ripon
- Lord Cornwallis
- Lord Dalhousie
(Q.10) General Dyer who was responsible for Jallianwala Bagh massacre was shot dead by:
- Sangram Singh
- Udham Singh
- Katar Singh
- Balbir Singh
All The Best