RBI Officer Grade B Notification 2015
About Reserve Bank of India:
The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) is India’s central banking institution, which controls the monetary policy of the Indian rupee. It commenced its operations on 1 April 1935 during the British Rule in accordance with the provisions of the Reserve Bank of India Act, 1934. Following India’s independence on 15 August 1947, the RBI was nationalised on 1 January 1949. The RBI plays an important part in the Development Strategy of Government of India.
Officers in Grade ‘B’
Number of Vacancies:
Selected Candidates are liable to be posted and transferred anywhere in India
- Between 21 and 30 years (candidates must have been born not earlier than 02/10/1985 and not later than 01/10/1994).
- For candidates possessing M.Phil. and Ph.D. qualification, upper age limit will be 32 and 34 years respectively.
- For candidates having experience as an officer in Commercial Bank/ Financial Institution in Public Sector as also prior experience in Reserve Bank of India, upper age limit is relaxed to the extent of number of years of such experience, subject to a maximum of three years. For such candidates, upper age limit should not exceed 33 years including experience. For experience, probationary period will not be reckoned.
- Refer official notification for Relaxation in upper age limit for specified categories.
Educational Qualification (As On 1/10/2015):
- A minimum of 60% marks (50% in case of SC/ST/PWD) or an equivalent grade in Bachelor’s degree as well as in 12th and 10th standard examinations.
Number of Attempts:
- Candidates belonging to unreserved i.e. General Category, who had already appeared Six times for Phase-I Examination for this post in the past, are not eligible to apply. No such restriction applies to candidates belonging to SC/ST/OBC/PWD, if the posts are reserved for them.
Selected Candidates will draw a starting basic pay of Rs. 21,000/- p.m. in the scale of Rs.21000-1000-30000-EB-1000-32000-1100-36400 applicable to Officers in Grade B and they will also be eligible for Dearness Allowance, Local allowance, House Rent Allowance, Family allowance, and Grade Allowance as per rules in force from time to time. At present, initial monthly Gross emoluments are approximately Rs.54,970/-
Scheme of Selection:
Selection will be through Online Examinations and Interview
Application Fees and Intimation Charges:
|SC/ST/PWD||Intimation Charges Only||Rs. 100/-|
|GEN/OBC||App. Fee Including Intimation Charges||Rs. 850/-|
How to Apply:
- For details pertaining to online application procedure, CLICK HERE
- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) pertaining to online registration process, CLICK HERE
- To Apply Online, CLICK HERE
|Starting Date to Apply online & Payment of Fees||5th October 2015|
|Last Date to Apply Online and Payment of Fees||23rd October 2015|
|Phase – I Online Examination||21st, 22nd November 2015|
|Phase – II Online Examination||7th December 2015|
Before applying for this position, aspiring candidates are advised to go through every detail mentioned in the Official Notification, and ensure that they fulfill all the eligibility criteria and accept all general conditions applicable to this post. Besides, candidates are advised to regularly check Current Vacancies page of RBI’s website https://opportunities.rbi.org.in/ for latest updates on selection process.
All The Best