Current Affairs Quiz for 6th February 2017
(Q.1) ‘International Day of Zero Tolerance for Female Genital Mutilation’ is observed on which date every year?
- 5th February
- 6th February
- 7th February
- 8th February
(Q.2) What was the theme for International Day of Zero Tolerance for Female Genital Mutilation 2017?
- Building a solid and interactive bridge between Africa and the world to accelerate ending FGM by 2030
- Creating Global Consensus Against FMG
- Preventing FMG through Women Empowerment
- Framing Statutory Deterrence for FMG
(Q.3) Which country continues to remain the largest contributor to cancer deaths at 22 lakh every year, out of the global figure of 88 lakh?
(Q.4) Chief Minister of which state has announced a “cremation/burial allowance” of Rs. 2000 for people of Below Poverty Line (BPL) families in the state?
- West Bengal
(Q.5) Ministry of Railways has signed a MoU with a Govt. Company of ___________ for technical cooperation in rail sector especially in the areas of safety in train operations
(Q.6) Joginder Singh, who passed away in February 2017, was the former Director of:
- Intelligence Bureau (IB)
- Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI)
- Research and Analysis Wing (RAW)
- Border Security Force (BSF)
(Q.7) Asim Basu, who passed away in February 2017, was an eminent:
- Art Director
- All of the above
(Q.8) Anand Kumar Gupta has been appointed as new Director of which Public Sector Enterprise?
- Bharat Heavy Electricals Ltd. (BHEL)
- Gas Authority of India Limited (GAIL)
- Coal India Limited (CIL)
- National Thermal Power Corporation (NTPC)
(Q.9) Implementation and Assessment Group Meeting of the Global Initiative to Combat Nuclear Terrorism (GICNT) was held in February 2017 in:
- New Delhi, India
- Beijing, China
- Moscow, Russia
- Paris, France
(Q.10) Who among the following has been featured as the latest cover star of Wisden Cricketers’ Almanack, 2017?
- R Ashwin
- Virat Kohli
- M S Dhoni
- Yuvraj Singh