CDS Exam 2017 Important General Knowledge Questions
Friends, please practice these questions to gain confidence for the upcoming CDS Exam 2017 Exam
(Q.1) ‘Subsidiary Alliance’ was a system devised by:
- Lord Dalhousie
- Lord Wellesley
- Lord Canning
- Lord Ripon
(Q.2) Which one of the following layers of atmosphere has high concentration of ions?
(Q.3) The Rotterdam Convention deals with:
- Reducing nuclear weapon stockpiles
- Protecting the Oceans
- Limiting the use of toxic chemicals
- Banning of Human Clone experiment
(Q.4) The process of using microbes to treat areas of land that have been contaminated by pesticides, oil or solvents is known as:
(Q.5) Which among the following is NOT an International Boundary Line?
- Dresden Line
- Durand Line
- Maginot Line
- 38th Parallel
(Q.6) The Sixth Schedule of the Constitution of India pertains to the administration of tribal areas in which of the following states?
- Meghalaya, Tripura, Manipur and Mizoram
- Assam, Meghalaya, Tripura and Mizoram
- Assam, Manipur, Meghalaya and Tripura
- Manipur, Meghalaya Tripura and Arunachal Pradesh
(Q.7) Gujarat Cricket team was the winner of 2016-17 Ranji Trophy. Which team did Gujarat defeat to win the title?
(Q.8) Dinabandhu Mitra published a play in Bengali titled: Neel Darpan (Blue Mirror), which depicted the atrocities on the indigo planters. The play was translated into English by:
- Reverend James Long
- Dwarkanath Tagore
- Rabindranath Tagore
- Michael Madhusudan Dutta
(Q.9) Which one of the following term is used in Economics to denote a technique for avoiding a risk by making a counteracting transaction?
(Q.10) In India, glacial terraces known as ‘Karewas’ are found in:
- Sapt Kosi Valley
- Jhelum Valley
- Teesta Valley
- Alakananda Valley
(Q.11) Electricity is produced through dry cells from:
- Mechanical Energy
- Thermal Energy
- Chemical Energy
- Nuclear Energy
(Q.12) Which one of the following vitamins has a role in blood clotting?
- Vitamin A
- Vitamin B
- Vitamin D
- Vitamin K
(Q.13) Who among the following proposed that atom is indivisible?
(Q.14) ‘Demographic Dividend’ refers to:
- high proportion of aged people in the total population
- high proportion of working people in the total population
- high proportion of children in the total population
- high proportion of migrant in the total population
(Q.15) Amina Mohammed, who has been recently appointed as new Deputy Secretary-General of United Nations, belongs to which country?
All The Best