Bank of Baroda Probationary Officer 2016 Recruitment
About Bank of Baroda:
Bank of Baroda is an Indian state-owned banking and financial services company headquartered in Vadodara (earlier known as Baroda) in Gujarat, India.It is the second largest bank in India, next to State Bank Of India. It has a corporate office in the BandraKurla Complex in Mumbai. Bank of Baroda is one of the Big Four banks of India, along with ICICI Bank, State Bank of India and Punjab National Bank
Probationary Officer in Junior Management Grade/Scale-I
Note: The selected candidates will be required through a -9- (nine) months Post Graduate Certificate in Banking and Finance course in Baroda Manipal School of Banking.The course consists of -9- months on campus program, on completion of which the candidate would be awarded a Post Graduate Certificate in Banking & Finance and will be offered appointment in the Bank as Probationary Officer in Junior Management Grade / Scale-I. Immediately after joining the Bank, a -3- (three) months’ Work Integrated Learning (WIL) in the form of On the Job Training will have to be carried out by the candidate at a Bank of Baroda branch, the completion of which will lead to the award of a Post-Graduate Diploma in Banking & Finance by Manipal university.
No. of Vacancies: 400
Age (as on 1stAugust 2016)
- Minimum Age: 20 years & Maximum Age: 28 years. Candidates born not earlier than 02.08.1988 and not later than 01.08.1996 [both days Including] are only eligible to apply
- Refer official notification for Relaxation in upper age limit for specified categories
Educational Qualification (as on 31stAugust 2016)
- Degree (Graduation) with minimum 60% (55% for SC/ST/PWD) marks in any discipline from a recognized University OR any equivalent qualification as such recognized by Central Government.
- Candidates shall be selected through a selection process consisting of online exam (objective + descriptive) followed by Psychometric Assessment, Group Discussion and Personal Interview
Pattern of Online Exam:
- Candidates are required to obtain a minimum score in each test and also a minimum total score in the online test to be shortlisted for Psychometric Assessment, Group Discussion & Interview.
- Candidates will be shortlisted for Psychometric Assessment, Group Discussion & Interview depending on the number of vacancies, cut-off in each test and total marks secured in the online test as decided by the Bank
- There will be descriptive paper for test of writing skill in English which has to be completed in online mode only. The descriptive paper of only such candidates will be assessed who secure a minimum qualifying mark in the objective test.
- Wrong answers in objective test will attract negative marks (1/4th of marks assigned to that question) for the online test.
- The aggregate marks of candidates qualifying in the Online Test will be arranged in descending order in each category and the candidates in the order of merit, subject to 4 times the number of intake in each category, will be called for Psychometric Assessment, Group Discussion and Interview.
- The qualifying marks in Psychometric Assessment, Group Discussion & Interview will be as decided by the Bank.
- The Psychometric Assessment will be qualifying in nature.
- The final merit list for selection will be on the basis of performance in Online Test (objective + descriptive), Group Discussion (GD) and Interview.
Application Fees/Intimation Charges (Non-refundable):
|Category of Candidate||Application Fees/Intimation Charges|
|For All Other||Rs. 600/-|
How to Apply:
- For details pertaining to online application procedure, Click Here
- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) pertaining to online registration process, Click Here
- To Apply Online, Click Here
|Start date for Online Registration||02.08.2016|
|Online Payment of Application Fees||02.08.2016 to 21.08.2016|
|Last Date for Online Registration||21.08.2016|
|Download of Call Letter for Examination||September 2016|
|Date of Examination (Tentative)||25.09.2016|
Before applying for this position, aspiring candidates are advised to go through every detail mentioned in the Official Notification, and ensure that they fulfill all the eligibility criteria and accept all general conditions applicable to this post. Besides, candidates are advised to regularly check Bank of Baroda’s website www.bankofBaroda.co.in for latest updates on selection process.
All the Best